We love these thick cut cauliflower steaks from Nutrition Stripped. Cauliflower steaks may sound complicated, but they’re so easy and quick to prepare! Even better, they’re drizzled with a refreshing mint chutney full of fresh, spring herbs from the market.
- FOR THE CAULIFLOWER STEAKS
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- FOR THE MINT CHUTNEY
- 1 cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh mint
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ inch fresh ginger root
- 1-2 small green chilies, adjust to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the head of cauliflower in thick slices, about 2 inches wide, being gentle while cutting as you want to retain the “steak” shape. Sprinkle spices and seasoning on the cauliflower.
- Lay the cauliflower steaks on a lined baking sheet with foil or parchment, bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
- In the meantime, in a food processor or blender combine all ingredients for the mint chutney and blend until smooth. Adjust for any seasonings, I find that I’ll add more pepper or citrus to bring out the flavors.
- When the cauliflower steaks are tender yet golden brown and roasted, serve on a platter with the mint chutney drizzled on top. Also use the mint chutney for a dip throughout serving. Store for up to 1 week in the fridge.
Note: Store the mint chutney for up to 1 week in a glass container!
Tag us with #yourhealthiestyou — we love seeing photos of your healthy meals!