Who doesn’t love a good healthified banana bread?? This one checks all the boxes: it’s low in sugar, higher in protein and 100% delicious!
I’m not a big baker but when I do I want to make something that will satisfy my cravings for something sweet and carby, without the sugar crash that always came with the bakery muffins the size of my head I loved so much as a kid. This banana bread is just that - it’s gluten free and gets a protein boost from the addition of protein powder (a brand new product from my friends at New Chapter that I couldn’t be more excited about!).
I’m loving the New Chapter Plant Protein+ Original Vanilla - not only does it taste great, but it’s “unlocked” with clinically studied digestive enzymes for better absorption. These ensure proper digestion, support effective protein breakdown, prevent bloating, and boost absorption.
I can see this bread being a yummy breakfast, wholesome treat and (where I will probably enjoy it most!) an epic road trip snack.
If you make this recipe, or try out another recipe using the New Chapter Plant Protein+ I want to see it! Snap a photo and tag me @robynyoukilis on social media so I can make sure to see your posts!
- 4 bananas
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup unsalted almond butter
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup protein powder or collagen
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil.
- Combine the bananas, eggs, almond butter, and butter in a blender, food processor, or mixing bowl and mix well, mashing the bananas completely.
- Add in the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, sea salt, protein powder and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top or the bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.