Get My Go-To Guide
Sign up now to get the behind the scenes how-to of my personal journaling practice, complete with rituals and prompts that will keep you grounded and strengthen your gut intuition in no time.
The cold weather always makes me want a nice, big bowl of soup. This is the perfect recipe to fill you up, keep you warm and give you plenty of nutrients.
1/2 large Spanish onion
3-4 cloves sliced garlic
1/4-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1-2 tbs fresh thyme (off the stem and finely chopped- rosemary, sage, marjoram or basil all work if you prefer)
1 head fennel (no stems or core)
1 can organic Cannellini (white) beans or 1-2 cups freshly prepared white beans
1 (16 oz) container organic chicken broth
2-3 tbs Bragg liquid aminos (optional)
4 cups chopped fresh kale
salt and black pepper to taste
fresh squeezed lemon and parsley to serve
grated Parmesan/Provolone/Romano cheese (optional)
1. Add chopped fennel, onion and garlic into ROOM TEMP olive oil in large soup pot. Set stove on low medium until all warm together (this allows the flavor infuse into the oil). Once they’re sweating add the beans, thyme (herbs) and kale.
2. Fold and coat the kale in the oily mixture add sea salt and fresh black pepper.
3. Pour in organic chicken broth and liquid aminos, increase heat to high and cover.
4. Once it is boiling reduce heat and allow to simmer for 40 minutes
5. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon, parsley and cheese (optional)