Get My Go-To Guide
Sign up now to get the behind the scenes how-to of my personal journaling practice, complete with rituals and prompts that will keep you grounded and strengthen your gut intuition in no time.
This minty fresh recipe is perfect for a cool summer evening when you’re not in the mood to spend time in a hot kitchen.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 30 minutes | Yield: 4 servings
1. Peel stripes on the cucumbers.
2. Thinly slice the cucumbers and apple – the thinner the better!
3. Rub the salt into the slices.
4. Finely chop the mint and mix it into the salad.
5. Press gently for 15-20 minutes by placing the underside of a large bowl stacked on top of the bowl you made the salad in.
6. Add the lemon juice and serve garnished with a few whole mint leaves.
You can rinse the salt off if you want to, after pressing. You don’t need to press this salad. You can let it sit and marinate for an hour instead—just use a little extra salt.