Pumpkin Spice Errrything
Happy first days of fall in NYC! This past week us east coasters got to experience the first fall winds, with their lovely crisp breeze and sparkly sunshiney skies. And of course, fall’s got us buzzing all things pumpkin spice! Everyone wants to eat it, drink it, take a bath in it, paint their nails with it, and live happily ever after with it.
While I’m not the biggest fan of pumpkin spice (I much prefer apples and roasted kabocha squash), I can get down with this trend as pumpkin is actually an awesome veggie packed with vitamins and nutrients (nope, it’s not just a “flavor!”).
The benefits of eating pumpkin include:
- Boosts your immune system – One cup of cooked pumpkin contains nearly 20 percent of your recommended daily amount of Vitamin C.
- Aids in workout recovery – Pumpkin is a good source potassium which helps restore the body’s balance of electrolytes after a heavy workout and keeps muscles functioning at their best.
- Keeps your eyesight sharp – Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A, which aids in protecting your vision.
Ready to get cooking? Today I’m sharing eight “upgraded” pumpkin spice recipes, the Your Healthiest You take on this beloved fall flavor.
- Pumpkin Pie Chia Seed Pudding
- Bulletproof Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Breakfast Bowl
- Pumpkin Acai Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Roasted Pumpkin Salad
- Rosemary Parmesan Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Curried Coconut Pumpkin Soup
Did you make one of the recipes? Snap a pic and post it to Instagram and tag me @RobynYoukilis and #yourhealthiestyou – I can’t wait to see all your pumpkin spice amazing-ness!