Spring Recipe Roundup: Cauliflower Steaks with Mint Chutney
We love these thick cut cauliflower steaks from Nutrition Stripped. Cauliflower steaks may sound complicated, but they’re so easy and quick to prepare! Even better, they’re drizzled with a refreshing mint chutney full of fresh, spring herbs from the market.
- FOR THE CAULIFLOWER STEAKS
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- FOR THE MINT CHUTNEY
- 1 cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh mint
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ inch fresh ginger root
- 1-2 small green chilies, adjust to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the head of cauliflower in thick slices, about 2 inches wide, being gentle while cutting as you want to retain the “steak” shape. Sprinkle spices and seasoning on the cauliflower.
- Lay the cauliflower steaks on a lined baking sheet with foil or parchment, bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
- In the meantime, in a food processor or blender combine all ingredients for the mint chutney and blend until smooth. Adjust for any seasonings, I find that I’ll add more pepper or citrus to bring out the flavors.
- When the cauliflower steaks are tender yet golden brown and roasted, serve on a platter with the mint chutney drizzled on top. Also use the mint chutney for a dip throughout serving. Store for up to 1 week in the fridge.
Note: Store the mint chutney for up to 1 week in a glass container!
Tag us with #yourhealthiestyou — we love seeing photos of your healthy meals!