So how can we keep it healthy when our cravings are often all over the place (salty, sweet, salty AND sweet!) and we find ourselves constantly in a rush? How do we replace the supposedly “healthy” energy bars, pretzels, chips, and everything else that’s floating around our office with healthy alternatives?
Over on the blog I’m sharing a few of my favorite healthy snacks that are fast and easy to make and satisfy any type of snack craving. I’m also including one of my daily favs below. You can even assemble this guy at work, just keep a sharp knife around. (Share this!)
Apple Snack Stack
Apple, sliced into full rounds
Thin schmears (technical cooking term) of almond butter
Sprinkle of sea salt
I’ll sometimes eat it like a layered cake with a fork and knife slicing all the way through! If you need it to be an on the go treat slice the apple into quarters after assembling and store in a baggie or storage container.
That’s it. Total win!
Looking for a salty and crunchy combo? How about sweet and spicy? Check these out:
3/4 cup shredded, unsweetened dried coconut, plus more to top bars
Zest of 1 medium lemon
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup packed medjool dates, pitted
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease an 8×8 pan.
2. Mix together chia seeds and lemon juice. Set aside. (Give this mixture an occasional stir while preparing the other ingredients.)
3. In a large bowl, stir together the oat flour, baking powder, salt and coconut. Stir in the lemon zest.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together the melted coconut oil, applesauce, ginger, and agave nectar. Finely chop the dates and add them, as well as the chia seed mixture, to the wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir until well combined. Spread evenly into the prepared pan and smooth with a rubber spatula. Top with additional shredded coconut and press gently into the batter. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until slightly brown around the edges.